DRIVER SUSPENSION ELIGIBILITY WEEK
The SC DMV is holding the annual Driver Suspension Eligibility Week for drivers with licenses suspended for various reasons for the week of March 15 – 19, 2021.
Drivers who have lost their driving privileges due to certain suspensions, may be able to reduce or clear the remaining time of their suspension. Drivers with the following types of suspensions are eligible for the program:
- Excessive points for someone under the age of 18
- Operating an unlicensed taxi
- Operating an uninsured vehicle that they did not own
- Operating or allowing someone else to operate an uninsured vehicle
- Driving under suspension, excluding alcohol or drug related conviction
*Only drivers who clear all suspensions may apply for a license.
*Depending on the type of suspension, drivers may be required to pass a knowledge and road test before receiving a new license.
*Drivers must meet all conditions of their suspensions and pay all fees. No fees will be waived.
*A Certificate of insurance may be required for some drivers.
Click here for additional information about the 2021 Driver Suspension Eligibility Week.